The race venue is located 5 km away from Bernau train station at the Bernau Bauhaus monument. The course starts at the Bernau Bauhaus monument and then leads to the Wandlitzer Chaussee. There is an out and back section before returning to the Bernau Bauhaus monument. We run one initial short loop of 2.5 km and then 13 loops of 7.5 km.
The 7500 m loop with two turning points.
The short initial 2500 m loop with one turning point.
With this setting ….
- the course is wide and 500 runners can run on it without problems
- the course is attractive because you see your opponents
- supporters and runners are nearby – there are no long distances from end to end
- the Bauhaus monument, one of the attractions of Bernau, is nearby
With the current planning with the running direction “against the clock” the catering for the runners (IAU VP zone) is after the finish line. This is an advantage for the runners, because they can communicate their wishes to their supporters before they pass the finish line.
The start time is at 6:30 am in the morning and the finish closes at 7:30 pm in the evening. Time limit 13:00 hours.
The start areas of IAU and WMA are separated.
Catering area for the runners
On the Hans-Wittwer Straße at the crossing with Hannes-Meyer-Straße
Placed at the outer turn, for not interfering with the IAU runners.
Near the common catering area.
With this position there are the following advantages:
- a long finish straight
- much space left and right on the parking lot
- an easy path to the nations tent and the gym
With an initial loop of 2.5 km and 13 more loops with a length of 7.5 km, there are the following distances, when the runners cross the starting line:
|2.5 km||10.0 km||17.5 km||25.0 km||32.5 km||40.0 km||47.5 km|
|55.0 km||62.5 km||70.0 km||77.5 km||85.0 km||92.5 km||100.0 km|